As we bask in the middle of the Summer heat wave here in Great Britain, it can often be a time of worry, with many cancelling or rescheduling appointments in order to ensure they enjoy the beautiful weather. As much as we understand clients wanting to enjoy the incredible summer sunshine it can often mean a loss of earnings for salons and spas, and result in a rise of now shows and cancellations.
Here at iSalon, we understand the value of keeping salons and spas busy during this unexpected Summer heat wave, and have some fantastic tips and tricks to ensure you are kept busy and at capacity throughout the height of the British Summer.
- The sunshine often brings people together, catching up with old friends and colleagues – so play on this. Promote your ‘Recommend a Friend scheme’ for loyal clients, encouraging them to perhaps book a blowdry with their friend to start their day off.
- Create a specific package for bookings of two – putting together a bespoke package for two people can often attract bookings especially if there is a discount involved. ‘A Package for Two’ inclusive of a cut, blowdry and treatment with a small discount is a great way to encourage double bookings.
- August is the height of the wedding season – provide clients with something extra to make their day easier. As a guest or a member of a wedding party, the day can often mean an early start, so perhaps offer breakfast/brunch for guests who are visiting for a hair up or blowdry. This will not only save them time but also allow them to relax.
- Think of the extras – in this heat wave, what do most people want? Ice cream, ice-lollies and fizz! So why not offer these to all clients as a little added extra? Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Communicate your offers! No matter what the weather, 90% of the general British public will still be active on social media during this heat wave, whether it be posting images or generally scrolling. Boosting your promotions is very worthwhile in your area and can result in a wealth of new bookings.